Friday, November 16, 2012

Science Action Figures

Share

This makes me so happy, I almost don't know how to contain myself. For only the second time* in my life, I regret never having children, LOL! Because I love the idea of this scenario:

Little pal of my kid: "What is that?"
My kid: "Action figure." 
Little pal: "Of who?"
My kid: "Neil deGrasse Tyson!" 

HEROES OF SCIENCE action figures
Click to embiggen original at DeviantArt Datazoid

I've seen Einstein bobble heads. I've seen science FICTION "dolls" designed to sell space movies or books. I've even seen a Carl Sagan finger puppet... but this is the first time I've seen the great brains of our time (and the last two centuries) organized into such a inspiring representations, right down to Neil's pink shirt and Carl's signature sweater.

I so wish the creator had investors and avenues from which he could mass-market these! I honestly cannot think of anything I would rather see on toy store shelves.

The eccentricity of Jacques Cousteau? Schrödinger's bow tie! HANS BETHE HAIR! Oppenheimer looking like he's starring in Men in Black IV?  It's all too magical. And I am of course, so gratified to see Marie Curie included... though Maria Mayer and Rosalind Franklin would have been nice additions. 

 Perhaps what is most interesting is who is serious and who is grinning. Definitely head to Datazoid's page to see the true-sized original in all its glorious detail!



*First is when I see people with kids pre-boarding airplanes.